Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I am the answer!

I just realized this morning that two days ago, I became the answer to life, the universe and everything. I turned that magic number - 42.

I always chuckled at the absurdity of Douglas Adams' assertion that 42 was the answer to life, the universe and everything, not quite understanding its meaning until now.

I've discovered that 42 really is the answer the life, the universe and everything. I've never felt better, looked better or even smelled better. I think 42 is the answer to it all because at this age you can look back on life and know that no amount of money in the world would make you go back to your teens, 20s or even 30s, because you were such a putz back then.

At 42 you have the wherewithal to resist the temptation to believe your own hype, but at the same time know that there's a world of infinite possibilities just waiting for you. You've reached that magical age where people take your opinion seriously. They actually listen to you when give advice, and they don't yet cringe when you say, "Well, when I was young ..."

It's a grand and glorious age, this 42. Instead of celebrating each birthday as the anniversary of my 21st birthday, I think I'll start making each birthday the anniversary of the best age - 42 - where you become the answer to life, the universe and everything.

Woo hoo!

2 comments:

RevCindi said...

Congrats on the big 4 2. Today I nail 48. I never, ever thought I'd hit this mark. Of course someone called me "middle aged" the other day and I laughed. Not true unless I live to 96!!! LOL

Happy B'day!

Candace Chellew-Hodge said...

Happy b'day yourself, Cindi. Hope it's a good one.

And what's wrong with 96? As long as I've got all my marbles, 96 would be nice. :)