Thursday, February 28, 2008

Another Quiz

This one isn't as stark in its contrasts as the BeliefNet Quiz and had some interesting results. It's called "What's your theological worldview?"

Here's my result:

You scored as a Emergent/Postmodern

You are Emergent/Postmodern in your theology. You feel alienated from older forms of church, you don't think they connect to modern culture very well. No one knows the whole truth about God, and we have much to learn from each other, and so learning takes place in dialogue. Evangelism should take place in relationships rather than through crusades and altar-calls. People are interested in spirituality and want to ask questions, so the church should help them to do this.

Emergent/Postmodern: 89%
Modern Liberal: 79%
Classical Liberal: 71%
Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan: 50%
Neo orthodox: 46%
Roman Catholic: 29%
Charismatic/Pentecostal: 25%
Reformed Evangelical: 21%
Fundamentalist: 0%

Yep, that about covers it, and I'm jazzed about that 0% on fundamentalism. :)

For those who want to know more about the emergent/postmodern movement may I suggest Tony Jones' new book The New Christians. I'm reading it now and it's fabulous. I have cheered more than once while reading this book. If you're tired of the stale dogma and doctrine of the mainline church, emergent theology is a breath of fresh air.

6 comments:

Mike-El said...

Emergent/Postmodern
79%
Classical Liberal
68%
Modern Liberal
68%
Roman Catholic
36%
Neo orthodox
29%
Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan
29%
Reformed Evangelical
25%
Charismatic/Pentecostal
21%
Fundamentalist
0%

I must be missing some of my Dogmatic Trading Cards because there were some names cited that I didn't recognize...so I gave those questions the middle answer. I got the 0% fundie rating, too. Yay!

Candace Chellew-Hodge said...

Welcome to the emergent/postmodern club. But I'm a tad worried about your Charismatic score ...

Mike-El said...

I'm nothing...NOTHING...if not charismatic.

Candace Chellew-Hodge said...

So, true. How soon I forget ...

RevCindi said...

Emergent/Postmodern
86%
Modern Liberal
79%
Classical Liberal
57%
Roman Catholic
36%
Neo orthodox
21%
Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan
18%
Charismatic/Pentecostal
14%
Reformed Evangelical
0%
Fundamentalist
0%

Well, that pretty much sums it up. I laughed hysterically at the -0- for Fundamentalist. My how things change!

Candace Chellew-Hodge said...

Indeed moonmystic. I remember when you could fundamental with the best of them. ;)